If you want to distribute master data changes with the SMD tool (Shared Master Data), changes to the master data objects are flagged for distribution by change pointers ( → Master Data Distribution).
The SMD tool is connected to the change document interface. If the master data changes are to be distributed, the application writes a change document. The contents of this are passed to the SMD tool. The tool writes change pointers, reads the application data and creates the master IDoc.
The master IDoc is then passed to the ALE layer, which sends it to all interested systems.
The change pointer tables (BDCP und BDCPS) should be as small as possible. Use as few change pointers as possible and delete change pointers which you no longer need.
You can increase the rate of processing by using the Analyze Change Pointer and Reorganize Change Pointer functions.
Configuration for Change Pointers:
1. BD61 Active change pointers generally
– Check the checkbox “Change pointers activated -generally”
– Save it
2. BD50 Active change pointers for Message Type
– Message Type Active
3. SCDO Change Document Objects
– Check whether the “MATERIAL” is available in the object list.
4. BD52 Maintain Table Views
– Enter the Message type “MATMAS” and press enter.
5. BD60 Additional data for message types
– Message Type Function Module Table
Ex: MATMAS MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_MATMAS MARA
6. WE20 Partner Profile
7. BD64 Distribution Model
8. Create a Material by using T.Code MM01
9. SE38 Run the program RBDMIDOC (TCODE – BD21)by passing Message type “MATMAS”
10. WE02 IDOC List