what is diff b/w user exits and customer exits
1.These are forms, so they are called by sap
standard programs using perform.
2. Inside the form you can read and change almost any
global data from host program.
3. User exits doesn't have any classification.
4. These are basically destined for SD module only
1. These are functions, so they are called
using call functions.
2. Inside the function you can only access your
3. These exits have function, module, screen exits.
4. These are available for MM, SD, FI, hr almost for all
XX represents the 2-digit exit number.UXX: U is for user exits that are defined by the user. XX represents the 2-digit exit number
2.USER EXITS are FORMS and are called by SAP standard programs
3.Inside the form (user exit) you can read and change almost
any global data from host program.
4. User exits are more flexible because you have more information to use in your code but on the other hand , it is very easy to manipulate erroneously global data and lead the standard program to a dump or even to make database inconsistent.
5.While changing User-exit,Access Key is required,
So this has disadvantage that if two or more user exits access the same global variables then the data or result may be erroneously interpreted.
2. CUSTOMER EXITS are FUNCTIONS so they are called using CALL
FUNCTION (or more exactly CALL CUSTOMER FUNCTION).
3. Inside a function (customer exit) you can only access your import/export/changing/tables parameters.
4. Customer exits are more restrictive but you are sure any change you can make to any parameters will never lead to inconsistency
5. in Customer-exit no access key is needed.